Monday, March 8, 2010

Into The 21st Century

Well the earth and I have survived another another trip around the sun. My 49th birthday was last month and when it's that time of year it's time for me to shave and get a hair cut. Grace said I had the "Grizzly Adams look".

I'm fine with that. I like the self sustaining idea that Adams personified. http://www.grizzlyadams.net/
Of course Dan Haggerty is a little taller, a little stronger and just better looking than me. But animals seem to like me so maybe I could get along with a bear too.

That reminds me.
A bear and a rabbit are taking a shit in the woods. The bear turns to the rabbit and says,"Do you have a problem with shit sticking to your fur?"
The rabbit says "No."
So the bear picks up the rabbit and wipes his ass with the rabbit.

I have had continuous computer problems for about the past 2 years. My eMachine from 1999 was running Windows ME and most sites now just aren't compatible with ME. Sid and Stacey have helped me with (1) HP machine but it was inoperable. When the eMachine's power supply started being obstinate I perfromed a transplant and "It was alive!" Sid and Stacey then managed to get me a (2)used Compaq computer that was an ex UMass Dartmiouth machine. That worked flawlessly until I got an E-card virus, and it slowly sank into the dreaded "blue screen" condition. Sid and Stacey got me a another(3) ex UMass Compaq. It unfortunately suffered from sometime of hardware failure.

Shortly after Dee and Dave Cardin from Littleneck st offered me an (4)HP machine that had just been run through a reformatting. It refused to work for me, but suddenly cooperated. It runs Windows XP and everything seems fine with it, except it was lacking MS Works.

Well last week I saw an eMachine E725 laptop at Walmart for $300 and decided the cat can get neutered next month. I think he won't mind at all. Willy is fine now by the way. So I have finally moved in the 21st Century technology. I can't wait to lay in thhammock and read the Standard Times on my laptop. "Joe Cool." Beep when you drive by and see my butt hanging nearly to the ground while the hammock strains from my weight. The eMachine got some good reviews so I should be set for a few years, computer wise.

I now have no excuse as to why I haven't started writing about Max Fox and the run rubbers. Oops! I meant rum runners. It takes time to get used to the new keyboard.

Another joke. Last night at the Oscars Mickey Roarke said he once had sex with 14 women in one day. Tigers Woods commented, "Amature!"(I can't get a correct spell check on that word).

So if you were keeping track I now have 6 computers around the house. Time for Spring cleaning and a shave.

The town of Fairhaven is abuzz with the news that a movie titled "Fairhaven" will be shot here in the Fall. It really is exciting as they will be filming a scene....HERE...on WEST ISLAND!
How cool is that. Verrry cool indeed.

No comments: